Friday, February 29, 2008
This is Mt Jefferson from here you can see so many of the mountain ranges.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
I thought this cloud looked like Flipper, what do you think?
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Monday, February 25, 2008
Saturday i posted some photos of the blasting they did for the new Sonics Restaurant that is going in next door. And some of you had some questions that i would like to answer.
I can't believe they did any work that made a disruption to households before 8:00 AM
Why are they doing this?
Located in the Deschutes National Forest is Newberry National Volcanic Monument near Bend, where NASA astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin trained for lunar explorations between 1964 and 1966. Today, visitors can walk alongside the world's largest obsidian flow, trek through the Lava Cast Forest, venture into the Lava River Cave, climb to the top of Lava Butte to examine the region's ancient volcanic features, and visit the Lava Lands Visitor Center.
They dug this hole so they can put in storm drain pipes.
And the last photo is the truck that hauls off a lot of the rocks to have recycled for smaller rocks .
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Last year we went to the Biosphere 2 I did a short piece on this back in 2007 but i wasn't really blogging yet and really didn't know how to add photos all that much so didn't get but a few photos on, but i did want to share this again. Click here to find out more about the beginning of the tour.
Two missions, between 1991 and 1994, sealed Biospherians inside the glass enclosure to measure survivability.
This was there kitchen area
This is one of the labs
If you click on this next photo you may be able to read part of what there life was like
Part of the rain forest
If you ever get to Arizona stop and check it out, they are now doing some other research there.
Saturday, February 23, 2008
Yesterday they came by and took photos of our place, the Bombers i call them, I asked the guy what he was doing and that is what he told me, they want to make sure there will be no damages once they blast. I told them they never did it before when the put the cable company in next door.
So anyway at 7:15 am this morning they came and knocked on the door saying that they were going to be blasting in 20 minutes. Well here they are preparing for it.
And here is the blast , boy we felt it in the kitchen almost like it was under us. wonder if it did move the building . Now make sure you click on the photo for this last one, because you can see the after math of the powder, it actually looked more yellow than what it shows in the photo.But you see that reddish hue?
Friday, February 22, 2008
If you would like to participate in Sky Watch Friday Please join Dot
Please click on Photos for better viewing
I took this driving down the road at Lake Havasau
Another time at Quartzite Az.
Do you see the jet ? Photo needs to be large
I took this one last night after the eclipse which i couldn't get one photo to turn out , which really ticked me off. So i hope to see some of yours .
Thursday, February 21, 2008
I was tagged by Bing to do this meme.....
Copy this entire list of questions and change all the answers so that they apply to you. Then tag and pass it along to other blogging friends. Let’s see how well we can get to know one another!
1. What is your occupation? Motel owner
2. What color are your socks right now? White
3. What are you listening to right now? The Today Show
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Meat Loaf
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Yes.
6. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? Red
7. Last person you spoke to on the phone? My son
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? yes
9. Favorite drink? Green Tea, Coffee, Coke
10. What is your favorite sport to watch? Bowling
11. Have you ever dyed your hair? yes
12. Pets? 10 cats, and one Pomaranian
13. Favorite food? Mexican
14. Last movie you watched? The Brave One
15. Favorite Day of the year? Easter
16. What do you do to vent anger? I cry & pout
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? A brown teddy bear
18. What is your favorite, fall or spring? both
19. Hugs or kisses? Hugs
20. What kind of pie? Chocolate
21. Do you want your friends to email you back? Yes.
22. Who is most likely to respond? All of them
23. Who is least likely to respond? None.
24. Living arrangements? Home, Or Motor home
25. When was the last time you cried? I don't remember
26. What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes
27. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? None
28. The friend you have known the shortest amount of time that you are sending this to? blog friends
29. Favorite smell? Carnations
30. What inspires you? my husband
31. What are you afraid of? Heights
32. Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? All of the above.
33. Favorite car? My Bertone sports car
34. Favorite cat breed? None.
35. Number of keys on your key ring? I have lots of different key rings, all have too many
36. How many years at your current job? 15 years.
37. Favorite day of the week? Since i am more or less retired i don't have one.
38. How many provinces have you lived in? 5
39. How many countries have you been to? 3 Tawaiin, Germany, USA