Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Camera Critters

If you would like to join click on side bar for the blog roll Misty is your host.

Well as you might remember last week we acquired a new kittie, not by choice. So here is Tom Tom finally let out of the bathroom for some time to get to know the house and the rest of the family, oh and also to make sure he uses the cat box as we didn't know for sure how he was going to do on that since he was used to being outdoors.
Yup he found the shoes and had a great time playing with them
Here he is resting, what do you think, he has made himself quiet at home. Princess checking out what he is doing not sure if she should join in or just sit back and watch to make sure he doesn't get close to her.
Bathroom shot
Well we wanted to make sure he had some outdoor life, looks like he is enjoying the grass. Yes we grow grass in the house for the other cats.
So the report on progress in our house is this on the new member. He has adjusted well, knows were the cat boxes are which is wonderful, surprisingly all the cats have taken to him,which is so surprising to me, and he just fits in like he has always been here. Now Princess still not sure about him as he had hissed at her in the beginning.
Ok so we are still not sure what to do with him, as the days go buy it will get harder and harder to give him away, but also have to be realistic we are not getting any younger and having a history of long life expectancy in our household they will out live us and then what? Who will care for them, no one will want them and care for them like we do. One of the problems we are facing by taking in young ones, Do you ever think about that when taking in babies? Of course your age has something to do with it. Ours being 70 and 60 . TC our oldest is 23 + now and still holding very well.

13 comments:

ratmammy said...

waagh!! i couldn't see any photos!! i'll come back again later today in the hopes of seeing the critters.......

dot said...

Lilli, either I'm doing something wrong or you forget to post the pictures! I'll check back later.

Ginnie Hart said...

Lucky for me, I see the photos! :) What a cutie!

DrowseyMonkey-Photos said...

Ahhhhh.....sweet.

PERBS said...

I don't think anyone thinks about their pets outliving them -- except you! How thoughtful. Maybe you should have put a free ad on Craig's list or an add in the paper. Usually, those ads are free. It is sure precious and I couldn't give it away if it were me!

Paulie

Unknown said...

cute group of cats.

Michele said...

He is a beautiful cat... just like my Tomba... it's so hard to say no to stray cats wandering on your property... sigh... I know.
I'm probably going to end up being the "crazy cat lady" when I get to be the old old lady on my block... LOL

ratmammy said...

i'm back! glad i returned... i love the new kitty!! i hope you can keep him..... he must be so happy to have found you!

Jane Hards Photography said...

cute and cheeky

Misty DawnS said...

He is SO cute! How could you resist that adorable face.

Rose said...

Glad to see TomTom is doing so well..and you have a cat 23? I thought mine that lived to be 17 was old!

I have four cats in my house now...I don't want or need any more but I do love cats and dogs. and squirrels.

Kahshe Cottager said...

He is a beautiful looking cat and looks quite happy being a part of your household.

Your sky watch photos are lovely too!

Meggie said...

OMG! I've never known anyone to have a cat longer than 20 years! You really have a talent for felines! I keep wondering what I will do with all of mine when I move. No problem with my indoor cats, but what about the wild one that comes to eat but won't let me touch him?