Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 06, 2008

Maybe time to think about spring

So a few days ago i went out to see if anything was looking like spring, and Lo & Behold looky here. Well so far they have not opened,the temperature was down to 18 the last few nights. Maybe tomorrow it should be warmer.So in my yard i have a few places to sit and enjoy the yard when it is pretty in bloom. Which has not been for so long. But this bench i love. About 3 yrs ago we went to a yard sale and this was there, the price $3.00 Nevada said NO we don't want it and don't need it. I said yes we do and we are having it. Well you know who won that argument. Anyway it also has turned out to be his favorite to sit on, as it glides back and forth. Now i am wondering should i paint it or leave it?
Here are two more benches that we bought at a garage sale about 6 yrs ago, 2 for $50.00 This one is really weathered as it is in the open. I am thinking i had better paint that one again this yr.
This is the other one and it isn't quite so weathered as it is on the side walk under cover. But also needs to be painted again. So maybe in nicer warmer weather i can start out painting my benches. And will put Mr. Snowden away for the spring and summer months till next winter.

11 comments:

Lynette said...

I've enjoyed this post. Have you thought about coating them with clear polyurethane?

The Cerokee is one of a kind. Mama and I used to like the Sonic in Mississippi.

Donna said...

My parents had a glider like the one in the top pic. Loved it. It was sold with the house though. Love your pictures sweetie!! I've got daffodils in the front yard, but they Never bloom! Have fun today!!hughugs

Michele said...

OOooo... love the daffodils!! I just cannot wait for the flowers here! For now I'm just enjoying everybody's flowers. I had to chuckle at your little "argument"... Yes, we DO need it and that's final... LOL!

Anonymous said...

These benches will provide a great place to relax while the weather gets warmer.

Andrea said...

I am so ready for spring. Good pictures.

Kerri Farley said...

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE your benches!! And love seeing flowers sprouting up!!

Barbara said...

I hope the weather warms up so you can enjoy sitting on your benchs

imac said...

Bunch of benches there,lol.

Also nice bunch of Daffs too.

Shammickite said...

I think the benches would look great painted some nice bright colours. And I'm so envious of your daffs. You know where mine are don't you? Buried under 3 feet of snow.

Anonymous said...

Those benches are cute and if painted would be great again. I guess.

Paulie said...

Love the benches! Send Snowden over to my house -- I have a little Snowden just like him! My snowmen collection would keep him company. Ü

I think you should paint the glider bench --BLUE! Not a light blue, not a dark blue. Just a medium blue. Ü

Some comments said those were daffodils but they look like Iris to me! We have lots of daffodils and crocus in bloom now. I haven't located any Iris yet. . . tulips are up but not got heads yet.